Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hello everyone! Happy Monday!
This week’s recipe comes from Alex Gill of Ryerson’s Social Ventures Zone. On Friday mornings I attend a “Caffeinated Innovators” meeting with him and a handful of other social enterprises. A couple weeks ago he joined the meeting with a banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and I HAD to have the recipe.
I’m always looking for new creations to bake and I especially get excited when almost all of the ingredients used can be bought fair trade. The original recipe is from Chef Savvy but I have written it here for you including the local and ethical brands I buy from.
I hope you can enjoy it with a fresh cup of coffee while spending some time outdoors!
1 ripe banana (Equifruit)
½ cup brown sugar (Camino)
¼ cup cane sugar (Camino)
¼ cup softened, unsalted butter (Rolling Meadow)
1 large egg (Beking’s Farm)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Tribal Vanilla)
1 cup old fashioned oats (Dundurn Market)
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour (Oak Manor Farms)
½ teaspoon baking soda (Bob’s Red Mill)
½ teaspoon cinnamon (Cha’s Organics)
Pinch of nutmeg (Cha’s Organics)
½ teaspoon salt (So Well Made)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Camino)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl add banana, brown sugar, cane sugar, and butter. Mix until combined (I use a hand mixer but a stand mixer works well too)
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- While mixing on low speed, add dry ingredients into banana mixture
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (I use Activated Eco) and drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto the sheet
- Bake for about 10min or until golden brown
- Cool on pans for about 5 min and then put on wire rack to cool completely
Put on a pot of Coffeecology and enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag me if you make these so I can see your beautiful creations!
Enjoy your week,