Banana Bread Recipe
Hope you’re doing well. One thing most of us have been doing to keep entertained during this pandemic is baking! I love to bake...I find it helps me get out of my head and create something to share with friends and family.
I have about 9 frozen bananas in my freezer haha so I thought this week I would share my favourite banana bread recipe with you all! As you know, it’s important to me to use fair trade ingredients. Not only do they benefit people and the planet but they also taste much better!
I originally found this recipe on Simply Recipes and switched out the ingredients for ethically sourced ones:
- 3 ripe Equifruit bananas from Dundurn Market (make sure you put thaw them beforehand if using frozen ones)
- 1/3 cup salted, melted Rolling Meadow butter
- 1 teaspoon Dundurn Market baking soda
- Pinch of So Well Made sea salt
- 3/4 cup Camino cane sugar
- 1 large Nutrispring Farms egg
- 1 teaspoon Tribal Vanilla vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Camino semisweet chocolate chips
1. Mash the bananas first in a bowl then stir the melted butter in
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients in this order: baking soda, salt, sugar, beaten egg, vanilla, flour, chocolate chips
3. Pour in a buttered loaf pan and put in the oven (350F) for 1 hour
Easy as that! Put on a pot of Coffeecology, slice, and enjoy 💕
Join my mom and I this Wednesday at 3pm on Instagram Live to bake this recipe together!